[Advaita-l] VichAra-sAgaraM of NishchaladAsa - Information required

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 10:06:32 CST 2003

hariH Om !!

Yes, this book indeed is the Vichar Sagar of Swami
Nischal Das.

Page 403/404 reads as follows:

" Conclusion.

In this manner is written the Vichar Sagar,
Which contains many gems.
Conclusions derived from the esoteric significance of
Vedas.
A man of discrimination receives them with profound
[faith]
Spent much labour in Sankhya and Nyaya,
Read Grammar without end.
Read works on Advaita doctrine,
Have left not one unread.
Difficult are the other obligations,
In which there is a difference in doctrine;

With labor has he dived,
Nischal Das [into] the Vedas.
In the vernacular, has he written this work.
In writing it he felt no shame,
For which, there is this one cause:-
Mercy and Religion are the crown.
Without grammar, can not be read
Sanscrit works by the dull.
They do read this with ease
And obtain the Supreme bliss."

Of course, this translation has copious notes, and it
should be very helpful.

Srikrishna