[Advaita-l] Puri Jagadguru

Stig Lundgren slu at bredband.net
Mon Dec 1 08:52:12 CST 2003

I posted the following question some ten days back or so, but no one responded. So I´ll make another try. I am grateful for any help.

Dear members,

Do anyone know if the present Puri Sankaracharya, Swami Nischalananda Saraswati, is a disciple of the late Swami Hariharananda Saraswati (Karapatri Swami)? I have been told that in the late 1970´s and early 1980´s one Swami Nischalananda Saraswati visited (or rather stayed) in Vrindavan at the ashram of Swami Akhandananda Saraswati, and this Nischalalanda was a disciple of Karapatri Swami. I just want to know if this Nischalananda is identical with the Puri Sankaracharya.

Best regards
Stig Lundgren