Creation theories (was Re: What is the exact meaning/signific ance of this?)

Kotekal, Srinivas [Non-Employee/0200] srinivas.kotekal at PHARMACIA.COM
Fri Apr 25 08:54:36 CDT 2003

Namaste,

>My personal experience with advaita is that one
>must not mix up or get confused between these two viewpoints. Most of the
>criticism against advaita arises because the critic falls into such a
>confusion. Consider this - If someone asks, "If Brahman is the only
reality,
>then what is the entity which is being affected by avidya?" First note that
>as Brahman is the only reality, there is no avidya in the first place. This
>is the paramArthik viewpoint. But any talk of avidya is valid only in the
>vyavahArik sense. Thus the question is mixing up the two viewpoints.
>Similarly ajAti vAda is the paramArthik viewpoint.

It seems from the above writing that there are two view points(or satya) in
Advaita; 1.Paramarthika and 2.Vyavaharika.

I have some questions ;

1. How did we (humans) come to know the fact that there are two kinds of
satyas exist in the first place? What pramaNa is there to support this ?

2. Is this concept of "Vyavaharika Satya" real in absolute sense or not ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Srinivas

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately and delete it from his or her computer.