Creation theories (was Re: What is the exact meaning/significance of this?)

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan_kc at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 21 10:50:54 CDT 2003

Namaskaaram,

>According to strict advaita-vedanta, creation never
>happened, period. This is called "ajAti-vAda"
>(doctrine of non-generation), and is the final Truth
>realized by the GYAnI. Therefore, there is no
>(un)manifestation whatsoever, since there exists but
>the Self. This is as per the mANDUkya upanishhad and
>GauDapAda's kArikA on the same.

As far as I know the mANDUkya upanishad, it does not seem to be saying that
creation is a dream though the kArikA speaks about it. But the actual
justification for creation being a dream can come from "tattvamasi".For
since jiva is brahman in the stage of moksha, and brahman is eternally free,
it follows that jiva can become brahman if and only if his suffering and
therefore creation were unreal.

Best Regards
Kalyan