New member introduction: Chuck Salvo

Abhiraj K. kabhiraj at YAHOO.COM
Sat Apr 19 04:30:55 CDT 2003

Hello Chuck

Nice to know you ! How are you ? Abhiraj here. I read
about you, thanks for the intorduction. I agree with
you, besides contemporary reading it is desirable to
follow one instructor and that is good form initiation
point of view also. Actually this is no excuse but i
conisder myself to juvenile to interpret Vedantic
philosophy and unlike you am quite new to the
intricacies of this philosophy but i assure you that
soon i will catch up with you all. Till then wish me
luck and wish to see so many mails form you.

have  a nice time !!!
Abhiraj
--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was first introduced to Vedanta through Ananda
> Coomaraswamy and Rene
> Guenon (_Introduction to the Study of Hindu
> Doctrine_ and _Man and his
> becoming according to the Vedanta_). Their works
> convinced me that
> Advaita Vedanta encompasses the most pristine
> teachings of metaphysics.
>
> Since then I have been involved in a study group
> reading _I am That_ by
> Nisargadatta and in a group taught by a student of
> Dayananda. These two
> sages seem to me to be authentic. However, since
> there are so many other
> claimants nowadays to Vedanta-like teachings, I
> believe it is better to
> turn to the roots of Vedanta rather than to rely on
> contemporary
> expositors. That accounts for my interest in this
> list.
>
> Regards,
> Chuck Salvo

=====