Neti Yoga

Thu Sep 19 17:47:59 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at> wrote:
> Yes and very much so. Even the Advaita Vedanta
Parampara traces back
to Lord
> Narayana, then Sanandana, Maharishi Vashishtha and
others. The
teaching is
> Sanatan, like our Dharma, but the formality and the
clear distinction
> exists in Advaita Vedanta of today is only because
of Jagadguru Adi
> Shankaracharya.

And it is that formality and clarity which counts.
Other kinds of
Vedantins also claim their descent from Shri Narayana,
such as Yajnavalkya etc. as their own.  we can claim
and counter-claim
we really can't prove it either way.  It's only with
Shankaracharya that we can really establish Advaita
parampara on a
historical footing.  I've also given the names of a
few earlier
on advaita-l but their particular parampara no longer
exists except
through Shankaracharya.  If others were able to grasp
however poorly it has been due to Shankaracharya.
Else we would be
to trace their ideas through history.  We can't.

A side question:

We recite: sadAsiva samarambham ....
also, I know based on Bhagavata tradition, we believe
Lord Narayana taught Sanaka, Sanandana rishis.

What is the reconciliation between these two
statements ?

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

So, how and why

Do you Yahoo!?