ADMIN: List Guidelines

S Jayanarayanan sjayana at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 10 18:46:22 CDT 2002

The translation of the upadeshasaahasrii ("A Thousand
Teachings") by Sengaku Mayeda is one of the very best
translations of any advaitic work I've read, and the
reference notes accompanying the translation are just
amazing. The book is scholarly, yet readable. There's
no doubt that this book will benefit one's
understanding of the Shankaran tradition.