Lakshmi Narayana Temple Pratishta

Sun Sep 8 22:26:35 CDT 2002

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Lakshmi Srinivas wrote:

I'm not qualified to speak about the rest of your post but may I point out
there is a disconnect between this sentence:

> The Pandya area, the cultural center of Tamil land, has
> hardly any Siva temples of antiquity.

...and this one:

> So much incidentally for all that
> stuff about Siva as the giver of Tamil grammar.

The existence or otherwise of temples proves nothing.  Perhaps Shiva
Bhagawan was not worshipped in temples or perhaps there were temples but
they were different types of structures than those we have today.

You would need a different type of evidence to prove or disprove the
second statement.