Soma in Vedas

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 5 15:49:28 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

It is my understanding that 'turIya' is a name to that
'Atmic' state where in there is no superimposition of
Waking, or Dream or Deep Sleep states. Truly speaking
that 'Atmic' state is present during all the other
three states. In that sense turIya is not a transition
to a new state.

Would some one help me understand the 'vyutpathi' and
'samasa' from the root for 'turIya'.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

--- Shrinivas Gadkari <sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:20:26 -0700, Srikrishna
> Ghadiyaram
> <srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> 'Ananda' or 'Bliss' is turIya, then how
> >can 'Ananda' reveal turIya ?
> >
> Namaste,
> Strictly speaking turIya is a state of Being. That
> state
> of Being wherein universe is seen as (or resolves
> into)
> bliss is turIya. So it is not incorrect to say that
> Ananda
> reveals the state if Siva - turIya.
> Regards
> Shrinivas