Lakshmi Narayana Temple Pratishta

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Mon Sep 2 00:25:07 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- "Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, Malolan R Cadambi wrote:
>
> > Sri Vaishnavas follow either of the two Agamas
> namely Pancharatra or
> > Vaikhanasa. Smartas usually follow the agamas as
> established by Adi
> > Shankara. Shankara does not favour the pancharatra
> or vaikhanasa
> > system of worship since it was incompatible with
> the advaita
> > tradition.
> >
> Based on the Brahmasutrabhashya, I would like to
> clarify that
> Shankaracharya was opposed to the philosophical
> aspects of the Bhagavatas'
> thought not the ritual or devotional aspects.
>
> Also there are no Smarta Agamas.  On the level of
> public worship, there is
> no problem with following the Agamas of Shaivas,
> Shaktas, Vaishnavas,
> Ganapatyas, or Sauryas.  The Kanchi Matha has been
> active in preserving
> the Agamic traditions.

Does it mean that I can consult any 'Vaishavite'
practice/tradition for construction and daily worship
?

What is the Agamic tradition followed in Kanchi Matha
?

But, once you let a Vaishnavite priest start worship,
he pushes away all the inclination towards Advaitic
thought. Am I right ?

If Sanka was not against the Bhagavata's Agamas, why
did he or what did he systamatise in terms of worship
?

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna