Lakshmi Narayana Temple Pratishta

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Sun Sep 1 13:28:01 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

I have got an opportunity to participate in re-construction of an old
Lakshminarayana Temple in Mangalagiri, Andhra Pradesh.

With the limited knowledge of my mother who is supervising it, and the
local influence of the Jeear culture, it is likely to be influenced by the
Visishtadvaita tradition. (already I heard my mother saying that we have to
construct Garuda Alvar temple !!)

I would like to know what differences exist in the construction and also
daily worship between the Smarta and Visishtadwaita traditions. Also, who
is a good resouce and guide to consult in the Andhra or other  surrounding
areas who can help in guiding and establishing the Smarta way of worship
etc.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna