Consciousness during coma,death

Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
Sun Sep 1 12:10:00 CDT 2002

Dear Jagannath,
   I have, and I am sure many of you too, the experience of
fainting (if not coma). At the end of the period of passing
out, I could clearly feel that it was void a while ago when
I blacked out. Even I have heard that when a patient woke up
from coma-state after about a week, he said he didn't know
what happened.. I presume he must have experienced a total
void even then.
   I am personally very sure about the state during fainting.
It is void. All the anthakaraNaa-s are completely dormant,
I would say even temporarily dead. Mind can't be active in
this state. Otherwise it would be like a dream-state. Fainting
state is something like deep-sleep where mind is dead. Even
when we go into deep-sleep we hardly feel how much time we
have slept. This is because of complete cessation of inner
activity.
   I am back to square-one on my question.. Please shed some
more light.

   Regards,
   chandrasekaran.