Indra and Vrtra

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 30 14:21:56 CST 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:50:27 +1300, Steve Wray <steve.wray at PARADISE.NET.NZ>
wrote:
>That the end of the kali yuga should fall precisely on the
>christian era of the year 2000 seems far too much of
>a cooincidence; I'm not suggesting a mystical link
>but rather that such nicely rounded numbers are a bit
>suspicious to me.
>
>Indeed, the roundedness of the yuga numbers on *exact*
>multiples of 10 in relation to the christian calender
>is by itself wierd enough to arouse suspicion in me!
>
>My guess is that some fiddling of the numbers has crept in,
>probably in recent decades or centuries.
>
>(Even if we posit some mystical connection, we are left with
>the absurdity that those very christian era year numbers
>are not guaranteed to be accurate; the precise year of
>the birth of christ is by no means known).

Namaste,

Firstly we should take these numbers as approximate, rounded
numbers.

Secondly, I would like to mention a peculiar characteristic of this
Self, i.e. consciousness: anything that It focus its attention on
gets infused with "life". Just the fact that we all use the C. E.
makes it very full of life. It is not at all important that 0 C. E.
is related to no historical event at all.

Best regards
Shrinivas