Food and mind

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 17 14:31:57 CDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002 12:51:13 -0500, Sankaran Kartik Jayanarayanan
<kartik at ECE.UTEXAS.EDU> wrote:

Namaste Kartik,

Here is a portion of my earlier message:

>> The goal of Sadhana should be to go beyond these food habits.
>> This not to deny the role of food habits in some stages
>> of the sadhana.

I had framed the last line of my post precisely to discourage
replies like the one you posted. All your objections are already
taken care of by the scentence: "This not to deny the role of
food habits in some stages of the sadhana."

So Vegetarian food, moderate eating, fasting etc has its place
in yoga sadhana.

Regards,
Shrinivas

p.s. This is for Somik: The episode I quoted is from Sai Sat
Charitra.