Gayatri Mantra

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Thu May 16 12:41:55 CDT 2002

Hari Om !!

--- ravi chandrasekhara <vadhula at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> Dear List members,
>

> This   prayer   can   thus   be   seen   to   have
>   universality   in   content   and         appeal
> to   anyone   of   any   religious   persuasion.
> Indeed   the   Vedas  explicitly   state   that
> the
>  knowledge   they   contain   is   to   be
> imparted
>  to  everyone   without   distinction   of   sex,
> caste,   creed   or   race. (Sukla   Yajur   Veda
> XXVI   -   2)

True, the prayer has universality in its deeper
content, that everyone's intellect needs to be
enlightened, and we should seek the grace of that
supreme spirit (depicted as the Sun God here). Here
the Sun God is not a physical entity, so to say. It is
the 'spirit' which illumines the Sun itself.

in other words, it is the Antaryamin which is
supporting our body, mind, intellect all the time,
because of which we recognise what we are. That
Antaryamin should enlighten us on the TRUTH. This is
the prayer.

yes, every one needs to know the essence of TRUTH. Bt,
the method need not be the same. Did the Vedas say,
every one has only one method of being initiated into
this supreme TRUTH.

When you analyse, there is proba bly, no
contradiction.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna