Kashmiri Shaivism

Shrinivas Gadkari sgadkari2001 at YAHOO.COM
Fri May 3 22:22:05 CDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002 22:52:10 -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at BRAINCELLS.COM>
wrote:
>> B: I will give the standard answer: Suppose I see a dream where in
>> I see Aniruddhan and Jaldhar and I see a car pass by. In the dream
>> both Aniruddhan and Jaldhar will seem to see exactly the same car.
>> That is to say the universe in a dream appears the same to the characters
>> in that dream. So this cannot be a valid difference between dream and
>> wakeup states.
>>

>If I am a character in your dream then why am I contradicting you?  In
>_my_ dream Shrinivas Gadkari agrees with every single word I say :-)
>
>Thus if this is a dream, it is one which is beyond your control.  Then who
>controls it?  In what sense is it or is it not "yours"?

Namaste Jaldhar,

A: "Who controls the dream ?".

B: Ishvara is the controller.

B: So I control the dream when I am in the state of Ishvara. And
experience it when I am in the state of Jiva. And keep jumping
states all the time. When I am in the state of Ishvara I am unbiased
and hence control the universe in a Just manner. Hence not everything
is rosy. Thus Jaldhar contradicts Shrinivas.

Best regards
Shrinivas