Prakarana Granthas of Adi Sankara

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 21 21:28:26 CST 2002

Hari Om !!

I saw some posting in the Advaitin list that 'Vivekachoodamani' is not
Sankara's composition and it is a 16 th century text. I saw another post
claiming that 'Aparoksha Anubhuti' is also not a Sankara composition.

In the light of such comment, I would seek your comments on the
authenticity of these statement. What are the known facts about their
authorship.

In addition which other compositions of Sankara are not disputed (say
Tattva Bodha or Atma Bodha)

Also, does it mean that without the help of Vivarna and Bhamati schools
addition, Sankara's compositions do not clearly state the Advaitic
thought ? How could not have Sankara foreseen such objections ?

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna