Re Paramahansas

Sankaran Aniruddhan ani at EE.WASHINGTON.EDU
Thu Mar 14 12:55:58 CST 2002

namaste,

> vyaacak.sataa.m te "saastraa.ni vedaanadhyaapayantu vaa
> |
> ye .a traadhikaari.no me tu naadhikaaro .a kriyatvata.h
> || [257]
>
> Let those who are entitled to it, explain scriptures or
> teach Vedas.
> I am not so entitled because all my actions have ceased.

Isn't VidyAraNya-SwAmigal saying this about the  karma
kanda part of the vedas and not vedanta? Every JnAnI has
had disciples to whom he has taught     vedAnta, and this
involves interpretation of scriptures. Can you please
write a short note on the context in which
VidyAraNya-SwAmigal says this?

Sruti smRti purANAnAm Alayam karuNAlayam
namAmi bhagavatpAda Sam.karam lokaSam.karam

Aniruddhan