Re Paramahansas

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 11 15:47:50 CST 2002

--- Srikrishna Ghadiyaram <srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
> Hari Om !!
>
> Would you please write what is authentic advaitic
> teaching. Whether it be you or Sri Ravishankar should
> not just keep telling what you feel in your minds but
> quote the same authentic advaitic sources. Only then
> does it make sense.
>
> Om Namo Narayanaya !!
>
> Srikrishna

AUM namaH shivAya

Srikrishnaji

I apologize. Even though I never claimed it as authentic and only
stated it as my understanding, I wish to accept that there is no single
text I can point to for support of the following I wrote. It is based
on my general understanding.

Personally I would not buy an argument which puts scale on jnAni-s.
Some are silent and some talk because of iishvara's will. I would
certainly like to see an shruti/smrti evidence in support of putting a
scale.

Overall -- I think it was error on my part to have replied to SwamiJ's
mail. I do apologize.

AUM shivAbhyAm namaH

-----------------------(what I wrote)-------------------
My understanding is this:

Once a person attains j~nAna - (s)he is no longer there. Because there
is no trace of individuality there. His body however has to exist
because of the pararabda. And jaganmAtA uses that body as SHE sees fit.
SHE often uses it for teaching and helping others.

>From the point of view of ajnAni-s, some jnAni-s  go around teaching,
some are silent, some do not move from a place, some beg for food, some
eat what they get and so on. Whatever they do -- most devout ajnAni-s
do not distinguish them from God (they have that much knowledge). (For
H.B. Daveji - to put a scale on jnAni-s  such as those are silent are
superior than those talk etc has no basis -- it is regretful that even
vivekananda does that).

=====
ambaaL daasan

Ravi

sharaNAgata raxakI nivEyani sadA ninnu nammiti mInAxI

http://www.ambaa.org/  http://www.advaita-vedanta.org