"Jagat satya!"

bhaskar.yr at IN.ABB.COM bhaskar.yr at IN.ABB.COM
Mon Jul 29 23:03:24 CDT 2002

praNAm prabhujis
Hare Krishna

Ashish chandra prabhuji wrote :
I was only commenting on the historicity, and the intensity, of Gaudiya
Vaishnavite opposition to Advaita philosophy. He noted that they have only
been fierce in their opposition in the 20th century. To that I have said
that the Padma Puran, which they quote, was not written by Sri Prabhupada.
You can check some of their arguments in this email by Bhasker.

http://www.escribe.com/religion/advaita/m7696.html

ashish

>  I'd like to make it clear that when I wrote all these mails, I was under
the clutches of ISKCON without an iota of knowledge about advaita vedanta.
Whatever they (ISKCON) taught me in bhagavatam classes I accepted as it is.
Later on, after having the interaction with Sri Jaldhar & vidya shankar
prabhuji, it's been proved that the episodes which explains adv. in a
derogatory way are all concocted & fabricated by some bengali gaudiyas in
padma purANa.  This has also been confirmed by some orthodox dvaitins &
vishishtAdvaitins here in Bangalore.  Hence I request not to do any more
retrospection as regards to my earlier mails.  I also wholeheatedly thank
Srisha Rao prabhuji for his timely help.  Hope it is clear now.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar