The end of Buddhism in India

Srikrishna Ghadiyaram srikrishna_ghadiyaram at YAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 3 11:50:33 CST 2002

Hari Om !!

--- Bhadraiah Mallampalli <vaidix at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Look at it another way, any constitution of a
> democratic country is dharma
> of some sort. So American constitution is American
> dharma, British
> constitution is British dharma etc. Any science is
> shaastra.

Probably this is not a correct view. Take for example India; India has a
constitution which is not based on 'Hindu Dharma'. Presentday constitution
is a principle of modern social governance. It has nothing to offer for the
ultimate realisation of ones' own Self.

In America the constitution permits any religious belief, and the religious
beliefs themselves are in close relationship with the 'Dharma' (leading to
ultimate purushartha) we are discussing. Yes, the various ideas of Dharma
may or may not filter into constitution; for example 'Abortin' in the
American context.

Om Namo Narayanaya !!

Srikrishna