shrAvapaurNamI pUrvastha shukravArE cArumatIprabrtibhih pUjit AkArE

Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
Sat Aug 24 22:00:15 CDT 2002

  I didn't see the later two responses on this subject by Sri Ravishankar
and Sri Satish and gave this mundane response.. After all inner purity
comes first, but the external purity is an aiding factor for unevolved
souls like myself.

  Regards,
  chandrasekaran.

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM
[mailto:Venkatraman.Chandrasekaran at NOKIA.COM]
Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2002 7:46 PM
To: ADVAITA-L at LISTS.ADVAITA-VEDANTA.ORG
Subject: Re: shrAvapaurNamI pUrvastha shukravArE cArumatIprabrtibhih
pUjit AkArE

SVS:
  I have heard from my elders that regardless of whether a dhoti
is silk or not, if it has not undergone any of the following then
it can be essentially worn for puja and considered pure:
 - not been worn without bathing
 - not been washed even once
 - not been worn while having food
 - not been worn while in bed
 - not been worn or kept in unclean premises of the house

  I hope this helps.
  Regards,
  chandrashekaran.