Gayatri - Info from Ravi Chandrasekhara MD

Jagannath Chatterjee jagchat01 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 16 00:14:53 CDT 2002

Dear Raviji,

That is a very interesting bit of information from
you. I too have heard of the shaapa mantra but never
came across it. Moreover as the Gayatri is a Vedic
mantra I did not know there were so many restrictions
on it. As I am a brahmin my Guruji insisted I recite
the Gayatri Mantra a specified number of times before
going on to the initiation mantra.

How can I get access to the shaapa mantra? I do not
know Kannada. Will it be asking too much if I request
you to pass it on at my address jagchat01 at yahoo.com?

I certainly won't mind if you don't.

Yours sincerely

Jagannath.