Pravritti vs nivritti

Jagannath Chatterjee jagchat01 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Aug 3 01:05:49 CDT 2002

Dear Subrahmanianji,

Namaskar.

I have no worldly ambitions, nor is there any
provocation to travel the pravritti path. But even
then I have got used to facing situations the kind you
are facing now. Depression and dejection are the
"friends" in this path. You will fall a thousand times
and again you have to lift yourselves a thousand
times. That is the spirit.

You, if I may say, have the correct spiritual
attitude. The man on the spiritual path is never
satisfied with his progress. He always hankers for
more. Dissatisfaction is a desired quality! It is this
hankering that brings one closer to God.

As Savithri Madam has pointed out, we have to struggle
and simultaneously pray to God to create a conducive
atmosphere. How true!

We will hate it if you give up.

Yours sincerely

Jagannath.