Lalita Sahasranama

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 18 16:39:17 CDT 2002

1) I have read portions of this book and compared it with the original
sanskrit text. It is a good translation (IMO) and it also includes
puurva and uttara with English translation.

UNIFORM TITLE:
Puranas. Brahmandapurana. Lalitasahasranama.
TITLE:
Lalita sahasranama, with Bhaskararaya's commentary, translated
intoEnglish by R. Ananthakrishna Sastry.
EDITION:
(2d ed.) rev. and enl.
PUBLISHED:
(Madras?) The author, 1925.
xii, 380, 32 p. 22 cm.
NOTES:
At head of title : Mantra sastra.
"I have added to this book the Sanscrit text corrected and carefully
prepared according to the commentary for the use of parayana (the daily
reading)" (32 p. at end)--p. xi.
OTHER AUTHORS:
Sastry, R. Anantakrishna,
Bhaskararaya Dikshita Bharati. / Saubhagya-bhaskara.
OTHER TITLES:
Saubhagya-bhaskara.
OCLC NUMBER:
6241056

2) There is another translation, which is based on saubhagya-bhaskara
and but does not follow it verbatim. It has some additions and
deletions. It is by a scholar from keraLa done in last 19th century or
early 20th cebtury in malayalam. English translation is by a devotee of
mAtA amRtAnandamayI. It is a good one and available from
www.ammachi.org.

http://www.mothersbooks.org/cgi-bin/Web_store/web_store.cgi?cart_id=4740882.32352

3) Sanskrit text of the commentary is easily available in India and I
also saw some in the University of Texas library

http://dpweb1.dp.utexas.edu/lib/utnetcat/

--- hbdave <hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN> wrote:
> riccardonova wrote:
>> > >
> > Do you know any english edition of this commentary ?
> >
> > I would be very much interested.....
> >
> > Sincerely
> >
> > Riccardo Nova
>
> I can not tell immediately, but it will be good idea to look up
>
>  http://ambaa.org/lalita/
>
> where you will find the Stotra with summary of  saubhaagyabhaaskara.
> -- Himanshu

=====
ambaaL daasan

Ravi

sharaNAgata raxakI nivEyani sadA ninnu nammiti mInAxI

http://www.ambaa.org/  http://www.advaita-vedanta.org