$)CRe: Re: Shankaracharya on Ramana Maharshi

hbdave hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN
Mon Apr 15 03:47:05 CDT 2002

$)CHemant wrote:

> Only one remark
> Kashmir Shaivism treats the world as absolutely real and never mithya as in
> SAnkara advaita.
>
> Hemant

"Absolutely real and not Mithya" would mean that the world exists independent
of any basis (i. e. Shiva and Parvati). My understanding was that Kashmir
Shaivism believed in illusory world, but I may be wrong, not being very well
studied it. I think any list member knowledgable in this line of thought may
clarify.

Still my first  (mukhya) interpretation is independent of whether Kashmir
Shaivism considers World as absolute reality or not.

Best wishes,
-- Himanshu