A question on manifestation of maya

Swaminarayan T tvswaminarayan at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 10 09:57:24 CDT 2002

  swamy swarna <swamyswarna at YAHOO.COM
Mandukya Karika,Agama Prakarana,Sloka:15: ( As preached by   Baba Narmade Har )
"Anyathaa grahNathah swapno Nidra tatvam ajaanataha
Viparyaase tayoho ksheeNe Turiyam padam ashNute."
When does a man become a jeeavan muktaa?The above verse gives the answer.
Dwaita darshanam means, that which is not, is seen, as if it is so,,just like, to see a snake in the rope. Similarly to see a manushya is not a real manushya but is just like the snake seen in the rope and the whole vyavahaara  is sutrita in manushya darshanam.Therefore this manushya darshanam is owing to the ignorance of real darshanam of "I".Therefore ignorance of "I" becomes the hetu of manushya darshanam and for the sake of manushya darshanam you want previous ignorance of "I".But I have never observed the absence of "I" knowledge. Therefore it is a puzzle that "I" is covered.Really sepeaking ,I have never been covered.
Then ,how do you become manushya?And that is what I mean to say.You want manushyam as karyam and from the visible karyam you wish to go to invisible karaNam and you press it on me, but at that time and at this time also,at both the times ,I know myself. When was I not knowing myself?Therefore really speaking ,through the view point of "I" Knowledge, I can say,"I have never Swapna,never Nidra" and this has been expressed in the above verse.
Viparyaase tayoho ksheeNe: Tayoho (The two parts) -First containing two-Vishva and Taijasa,and the second ,only one-Pragya.Of these two (Vishva, Taijasa ,Pragya-all) Viparyaase = vi  pari   aasa , vi = vailakshaNa ,pari = upari - on and aasa = Adhyaasa  = Viparyaasa. This Viparyaasa on the above mentioned two parts, when disappears then," Turiyam padam ashNute.", becomes  Turitya. That means :Viparyaasa Nivrutti, meaning Turiya pada praapti. Agyaana nivvruttireva Mokshahaa.
Hari OM!
Swaminarayan.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- hari om. recently i have taken up a study of Viveka
Chudamani of Sri Adi Shankara and Pancha Dashi of Sri
Vidyaranya. The Avidya or Maya has several layers and
as we peel off or uncover these layers one by one, the
consciousness expands. The ultimate truth is only one
(that is why it is called advaita, not dual), but to
almost all of us, it is abstract.

i will get back to this subject after sometime after
my understanding increases by the study and
contemplation of these Advaitic Vedantic Texts.

Hara Hara Shankara.

swamy sv