Samdhya Meditation and Agnihotra

Sunny Bhardwaj sunny_bhardwaj at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 29 23:25:07 CST 2001

Assuming the Arya Samaj teachings are "bunk", their schools certainly do
serve at least purpose that television these days doesn't - to introduce
urban children in India to some sort of Vedic tradition. I grew up in Mumbai
and am thankful to my school for teaching me Sanskrit, including a subject
called Dharma Shiksha in the coursework, however bunk it may be, among other
things.

I am aware that there are lot of "differences", to put it mildly, between
different groups pursuing Vedic knowledge, and it doesn't seem you even
consider the Arya Samaj any form of such legitimate group. However, they do
have good that I'd like not to be dismissed by a blanket statement such as
yours.
This response is just that attempt :)

How this is relevant to the Advaita-L email list? Well, the Arya Samaj
school was instrumental in sowing in me the *seed* of inquiry and that has
eventually led me to be part of this list. I don't think that's a small
achievement.