avataras (fwd)

Wed Aug 15 09:34:14 CDT 2001

It is true that Bharatavarsha has a special place.  It is the vedi
(altar) of the world.  It is the punyabhumi.  That's why it is a sin to
cross the "Kala paani" and there is a prayaschitta for it.

But that doesn't necessarily mean Bhagawans presence was exclusively
there.  He says in the Gita, "My avatars are innumerable."  Perhaps there
were avatars elsewhere too.