New member introduction: Sri Graham McNamara

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Wed Sep 20 14:28:46 CDT 2000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:16:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Graham McNamara <gmcnamar at reed.edu>
To: Ravisankar S. Mayavaram <msr at comco.com>
Cc: G <gmcnamar at reed.edu>
Subject: Re: Welcome and additional info requested

Hello. I am a Graduate student studying Indian Religion. I have been
studying Sanskrit for about 1 year. Recently I have been researching the
Rg Veda, and the BrhadAranyaka, Kena, and Katha Upanisads. Currently I am
Studying the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali and reading the commentary by
Sankara. I am extremely interested to learn all that I can about Advaita
Vedanta because as far as my understanding goes, the Vedanta view, or
Sankara's view, of the relationship between Purusa and Prakrti, as well as
the relationship between Purusa as permanent detached "observer" and mind
as changeable "observed," seem to be speaking of my own prior intuitions
about the nature of the Universe. I have read quite a bit of the websites
recommended in your e-mail; this has increased my enthusiasm to join the
list. I have also read the rules of the list and they seem quite
reasonable and purposeful.

I hope this introduction is adequate, I look forward to joining your list,

                                        Graham McNamara

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org