vidyA.m shuddhA.mcha buddhi.m kamalajadayite satvara.m dehimahyam ..5..

Aravind Krishna seeksha at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 5 22:54:25 CDT 2000

karmasvAtmochiteShu stirataradhiShaNa.m dehadADhrya.m tadartha.m
dIrgha.m chAturyashashcha tribhuvanavidita.m pApamArgAdviraktim .
satsaN^ga.m satkathAyAH shravaNamapi sadA devi datvA kR^ipAbdhe
vidyA.m shuddhA.mcha buddhi.m kamalajadayite satvara.m dehimahyam ..5..

kamalajadayite!  kR^ipAbdhe ! sva karma Atma uchiteShu stiratara dhiShaNa.m,
tadartha.m deha dADhrya.m cha dIrgha.m AuH, tribhuvana vidita.m yashaH cha
pApa mArgAt viraktim,
satsaN^ga.m, satkathAyAH shravaNam,  vidyA.m, shuddhA.m buddhi.m api devi !
sadA datvA. satvara.m cha mahyam dehi .

O! kamalajadayite !, Bless me with a mind well established in my duties and
a physic fit to accomplish them. O ! Devi ! Let my fame be sung in all the
three worlds and let me revert from sinful deeds. O! ocean of compassion!
Let me be associated with the righteous and always hear thy glory. O! devi!
Bless me with flawless intellect and knowledge.

‘sva karma’ denotes ones varNa and Ashrama dharma. ‘dIrgAyur’ and
‘dehArogyam’ is sort for accomplishing ‘svadharma’.

OM bhadra.m karNebhiH shruNuyAma devA bhadra.m pashyemAxabhiryajatrAH.
stirairaN^gaistuShTuvA.msastanUbhiH vyashema devahita.m yadAyuH .

The reason for obtaining ‘stiraN^ga’ or ‘AuH’ is for ‘devahita.m’. If it is
used for some other conservative purpose, the very reason for seeking them
is lost.

‘pApa mArga viraktiH’ or restrain from the pApa is sought to ensures karma
is done with conviction. Until discipline is born out of conviction it is
exposed to totter.
To ensure that dharma is universally accepted ‘tribhunava vidhita yashaH’ is
sought. No other act except the ones prescribed in shAstra would award fame
in all the three lokas.

satsaN^ga.m is normally interpreted as sadguru saN^gam. Just a dharmIka
saN^gam is not capable of awarding liberation. As dharma mAraga anusaraNam
is already sought, this would denote sadguru saN^gam.

satsaN^gatve nissaN^gatva.m nissaN^gatve nirmohatvam .
nirmohatve nishchalatatva.m nishchalatatve jIvanmuktiH..

gurusaN^ga is for shravaNa.m and hence ‘satkathAyAH shravaNam’ is sought.
satkathA could denote both the glory of shAradA and Vedanta shravaNa.

O ! kamalajadayite! kR^ipAbdhe! Bless me with a flawless intellect and
knowledge to realize the eternal.

.. jaya jaya shArade Ananda vAride..

Aravind