Antiquity of Advaita Vedanta (was Re: An Open Letter to All)

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Thu May 11 21:19:34 CDT 2000

Rajesh Venkataraman <rajesh_venk at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> I got the following mail from Bhaskar in reply to the

[ .... ]

[ much irrelevant stuff deleted]

> I hope Bhaskar would not mind.

At the risk of sounding churlish, *I* do mind. This is not a place for
ISKCON propoganda. Please keep it to personal mail. A reasonable
discussion on differences between advaita and other philosophies would
be good to read. The kind of stuff found in the mail you forwarded  is
fairly irrelevant. So are discussions on the economy of Thailand,
various states in India, and other such stuff some list members have
been indulging in. It never ceases to amaze me, advaita vedanta list =
discussions about sha.nkaras works and his followers works. Why on
earth do all these various people feel compelled to post on these
irrelevant topics?

I have been intending to post various things on advaita to the list,
which I hoped would be of some interest. I was waiting for all these
completely irrelevant topics to die down. I have already been waiting
for a month and looks like I have a long wait ahead of me. I have been
trying to maintain my patience, but this last post is quite the last
straw. Why can't people follow the example of Ravi or Anand and post
something relevant? Is this concept of sticking to advaita vedAnta on
the advaita vedAnta list that difficult to understand?

In complete disgust,

Rama

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam