Can iishvara pull out a jiiva from bondage?

Fri Mar 24 13:34:44 CST 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, elmec wrote:

> Some day the jiiva realises that it is trapped by the bait that is laid out to
> his five senses every day , every minute of its life. He suddenly realises
> that he is being hounded by his senses which keep seeking pleasure from the
> outside world, but keep getting tired of those pleasures very soon, keep
> asking for more but keep getting sorrow in return !

The question is how does he realize this?  I'm sure it has not escaped
anyones attention that most people in the world are quite content to enjoy
the pleasures of the senses for their entire lives.  That's why hedonism
is called "lokayata" the way of the world.

To answer my own question, it is through listening and apprehending the
meaning of the shastras that a shift in perspective occurs.  Then that
very desire that caused sorrow can begin to be employed against itself.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.