Proposal to start posting Bhagavat Gita Bhashya

Tue Mar 7 11:09:49 CST 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, elmec wrote:

> Hari Om,
>
> I would suggest Sri Aashish to take up " Prabhodha Sudhaakara " which is
> a small
> prakarana grantha by Aacharya Sri Shankara. Recently I was reading its
> translation in Kannada and I liked few of the shlokas so much that I
> have marked
> them and kept it for future reference. The language is very simple and
> it should
> interest readers of all levels.

Ashish if you want to do Gitabhashya go ahead but this is also a good
choice.  I think they have it on the jaguar site but if not I can send you
a photocopy.

> Also, now that a discussion is going on on Jivan mukti, a small work
> with very
> serious import is the " Aatma vidyaa vilaasa " by H.H.Sri Sadashiva
> Brahmendra
> Saraswathi in which he has described the state of a jivan mukta very
> well. It
> contains 62 shlokas.

Has this been published?  A quick search of the New York Public Library
catalog did not reveal anything.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.