Bhujanga meter

S. V. Subrahmanian svs_shankara at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 27 22:58:16 CDT 2000

I am trying to read Subrahmanya Bhujangam of Shri ShankarAcharya.  I have a
rough translation with me.  In the foreword it is mentioned that the
Bhujanga at the end of the name of the Stotra is a reference to the meter in
which it was composed.

Can anyone explain what a Bhujanga meter is ?

While it is nice to read the stotra with devotion, we can also appreciate
Shankara's poetic skills in that as well.

S. V. Subrahmanian
svs_shankara at
Help ever.  Hurt never.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam