Antiquity of Advaita Vedanta

Tue Jun 27 12:32:46 CDT 2000

H.B.Dave <hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN> wrote:

>One question may arise here. If RigVeda did have seeds of Advaita, why did
>Bhagavan Bhasyakar not mention quotations from RigVeda even at one place
>in his learned Bhasyas? I very humbly shall try to answer this as I

Dear Dr. Dave,

There are a few Rk quotations in gItAbhAshya. Not very frequent, but they
are there. Sankaracharya did not directly write a commentary on RgVeda, but
as I pointed out on another thread, where the context necessitates it, he
uses quotations.

Best wishes,

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Archives :