Is there an Ananda order?

Vivek Anand Ganesan v_ganesan at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 26 17:20:36 CDT 2000

Hello all :

    Is there an advaitic monastic order called "Ananda"
( like Bharathi, Saraswati etc. )?  The title "Ananda"
seems to be title of choice when people accept sannyasa
nowadays.  But, I have not found this prevalence in
earlier monastic names.  Why is this so?  Was this due to
the enormous popularity of Swami Vivekananda?

  Besides, the word "anand" is a common part of many
Hindu names.  Why would anyone choose such a very common
samsAric name as a monastic title?

PS : This is not to disparage the word "Anand".
     We all need "Anand" in large doses in our lives.

Do You Yahoo!?

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Archives :
Help     : Email to listmaster at