Antiquity of Advaita Vedanta (was Re: An Open Letter to All)

Tue Jun 13 21:49:24 CDT 2000

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, S. V. Subrahmanian wrote:

> never believed that any of the spiritual discussions can lead to a
> conclusion.  It can only give some idea and provide a background for
> spiritual progress.

Progress towards what?  If there is no conclusion, if it just a way of
passing the time, I'd rather watch TV instead. :-)

One of the basic assumptions of Advaita Vedanta is that Moksha is
something which is knowable and possible to achieve.  One doesn't have to
accept that assumption but then one isn't dealing with Advaita Vedanta.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.