advaita-siddhi 15 - BrahmavAda and shUnyavAda

Ravisankar Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 1 17:55:11 CDT 2000

Anand thanks for starting this series again.

Even in the case of vikalpa, using the example hare's horn, consider
the words hare and horn separately. Hare is associated with shabda, a
cognition in mind, and a denotation the object hare itself. So it is
with the horn. It is the combination that does not have a denotation.
My point is even in the case of vikalpa, there are some objects (more
than one) which are real in vyAvahArika sense. But only the combination
of that as conceived by the mind does not exist.

On the other hand consider the word jangaxytering. It has a merely the
shabdha and not even a cognition in mind. But such words do not carry
any meaning.

>From your post I clearly understand the difference between vikalpa and
bhrama. But I feel even vikalpa has a vyaavaharikaa basis in some

Am I wrong?

--- Anand Hudli <anandhudli at HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

Do You Yahoo!?

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Archives :
Help     : Email to listmaster at