iishaa vaasyaM

Ravisankar Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 28 16:56:58 CDT 2000

--- Raghavendra Hebbalalu <hs_raghavendra at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> evam-IshvarAtma-bhAvanayA yuktasya
> putrAdyeshaNAtraya-saMnyAse evAdhikAro na karmasu |
>

> The one who feels Ishwara in the AtmA has adhikAra
> only in the renunciation of the three desires (
> desire for son,wealth etc), but not in duties.

namaste shrI Ragavendraji

Thanks for posting the translation. It really helped me to understand
"is to be covered".

Besides that, the renunciation described here, is it done so in order
to set the tone for subsequent verses?  To me it reads that karma
should not be abandonded but only the desires (for its fruits).  Can
you and others explain the last sentence in greater detail.

You have done a wonderful job of translating it. (I am greedy here),
can you post the entire bhAshhya of this upaniShad with translation. I
will be grateful if you can.

Thanks.

With respects,
Ravi