Delicate and sharp path !

S. V. Subrahmanian svs_shankara at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 26 16:29:04 CDT 2000

If that is the attitude with which it is said, I have no arguments.  But I
have heard people say Oh! it is like a razor's edge, if you fall, that's it
..... My response was only against those.  I approve of your explanation.

Just on the side: (Razor's edge)

This term and all other terms that refer to the delicateness and sharpness
of the path arose from Raja Yoga.  Here the person meditating has two
distractions. On one side he has the restlessness of the mind.  On the other
inertia/sleep.  A meditator has to be conscious of not going on either side
and tread the thin line of concentration.

Many without understanding this, try to make spirituality subtler than it
is, by not being careful about terms.

Anyway I am content with your explanation.