Liberation and citta vRtti nirodha

Thu Jul 13 12:35:59 CDT 2000

H.B.Dave <hbd at DDIT.ERNET.IN> wrote:

>..... Due to my current commitment to the list, may  I take
more
>time ? One has to be careful with this topic because many beginers may
>misunderstand. Because the whole mental process involved here depends upon
>"sraddhaa, my suggestion is : let us go a bit slow and take our time to put
>reply.

Exactly. As I said earlier, I have had two years to think about it,
so I'll look forward to your comments when you have the time later.

Isn't it somewhat ironic that even to talk of citta vRtti nirodha
requires a certain kind of citta vRtti? That is part of how the human
mind works, and in my opinion, only the Advaita writers have grasped
this point well!

Vidyasankar

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam