New member introduction: shrI R. Ramana

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at ALTAIR.COM
Mon Jan 31 15:19:51 CST 2000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Introduction
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 06:19:46 PST
From: "ramana ramana" <r_ramana at hotmail.com>
To: msr at altair.com

I am a software engineer and have been in US for the past one year. My
interest in religion/philosophy started during my engineering days. It
has
grown over a period of past 7 years, albeit very slowly.
My knowledge of religion is more based on teachings of recent saints
like
Sri Ramakrishna, Ramana Maharshi, Swami Rama thirtha etc; I definitely
lack
traditional knowledge of Vedanta. Though, I have been brought up in
the
tradition of Dvaita, I seem to be inclined towards Advaita. I have
read
through some portion of Advaita-Vedanta archives and found some of
them
interesting and useful. I hope to learn more of traditional Vedanta by
subscribing to this list.

Thanks,
Ramana

--