RFD on advaita-siddhi 12

elmec elmec at GIASBG01.VSNL.NET.IN
Tue Feb 29 12:01:43 CST 2000

Hari Om,

I sense a tinge of anger and impatience in the words of Sri Anand. Why
should
one get agitated if some members are keeping quiet ? I do understand
what effort goes
into those serious postings and if one does not get proper response how
frustrating it becomes sometimes. But, we who claim to be true
Saadhakaas of
Advaita philosophy should not get disturbed by such trivial matters. It
may not be that those keeping mum are not willing to take part in the
discussions. It may just be that they are preoccupied very much in their
vyavahaaraas to spare time for this; they may feel inadequate when it
comes to putting their thoughts into words; and the sort of discussions
that arise in Advaita-siddhi are too technical for a person like me who
feels lost reading it; or could it be that some of the members have
truly become jnaanis that they no longer bother to open their mail boxes
?!
Whatever be the reasons, we should give no room for anger or
frustration. Nor should we allow our ego to raise its hood in the form
of saying " I alone contribute, no one else does ". Please remember
"Aatmanastu kaamaaya sarvam priyam bhavathi " - we are contributing
because we are getting happiness out of it, not that we want to make
others happy. The very fact that they have opened the advaita web page
and have enlisted their names to the list itself should make us happy.
Whether their interests are just academic or spiritual or even just a
passing fancy - should in no way bother us.

Regards,
Latha Vidyaranya

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam