Questions for your consideration and response

Mon Feb 14 14:27:57 CST 2000

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, Ravisankar Mayavaram wrote:

> Few months ago, Rama gave me a book on nityAhnikam and also
> I had another book by a north Indian pandit on a similar
> subject from UT library.  If one decides to live by it,
> one's whole day will be permeated with thoughts of God.
> Right from getting up, to going to bed, there are so many
> mantra-s.

But not too many that even a busy person can't learn and recite them
daily.

>  I asked a priest about aupAsana. He told me doing aupAsana
>  is close to impossible these days. His main concern was
> maintaining the fire continuously. Even I asked a
> shrIvaishNava gentleman, I got the same answer. But some
> say even if one cannot do it, one can mentally perform it
> chanting the mantra-s.

Was he referring to the Shrauta agnihotra?  I was not avare that the
Vaishvadeva which is a Grhya rite required a constantly burning fire.

bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
           SIGNOFF ADVAITA-L in the body.