the dwandhwas or the opposites of life.

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian ramakris at EROLS.COM
Sat Feb 12 11:15:14 CST 2000

L V <vidyaranya at VSNL.COM> wrote:

> manifestation of the same God ? Perhaps these dwandhwas if included
in His
> sthutis may change people's attitude ?! I am sorry if you feel my
thinking
> is ourageous. I intend to hurt nobody's sentiments.

There's nothing outrageous. As a matter of fact, such descriptions are
already found in the rudraprashna. Eg, the 3rd anuvAka combines
descriptions like sahamAnAya (who pardons the crimes of bhakta-s) and
stenAnAM pataye (who is the leader of robbers who are hidden) and so
on. From the ultimate stand-point "good" and "bad" qualities are both
unreal and are superimposed on the Atman. That's the message of the
rudra-prashna.h, and that is why it is called rudropanishhad inspite
of the fact that it is found in the sa.nhitA section. However, this
"equivalence" of good and bad does not translate to vyavahAra.

Rama

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org