svadharma

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram msr at COMCO.COM
Wed Feb 2 14:43:34 CST 2000

It was puri shankaraacharya shrii bharati krishna tiirtha who
visited US. Self Realization Fellowhip invited him and was the
host here. If I am not mistaken Swami Yogananda invited him, but
the achaarya could visit only after Swami Yogananda attained
mahasamadhi. In Autobiography of a Yogi, you will see a picture
of the puri achaarya at SRF's MOther center at LA. Many many
sannyasis travel abroad now. Even great souls like mAtA
amritAnandamayi (I was fortunate be in her presence few times in
this birth) travel around the world to awaken spiritual
knowledge.

Besides this, if someone goes to SVBF page, you will notice that
the priest of SVBF was selected by shringeri aacharya from his
paaThashala (Sri Venugopal) and the page mentions that he is well
trained and very knowledgeable. If crossing sea is such a bad
thing, will shringeri aacharya send one of his students?

Ravi

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org