Questions for your consideration and response

AK426 at AOL.COM AK426 at AOL.COM
Wed Feb 2 08:20:54 CST 2000

Thank you Ravi for starting the thread on Bhagvan Ramana's selections from the Bhagvad Gita. I have the book by Osborne on Bhagvan's teaching - it is one of my all time favorite books! But I found myself to be too shy or perhaps too pre-occupied with other 'things of the world' to post the Bhagvad Gita messages here even though the request from Ravi to this effect some days ago was very genuine and compelling!

As I am realizing how difficult the task of posting material to this list is, before I say anything else, I want to offer my thanks to the various persons who have been posting on this list.  I am sure there are others like me who have been lurking in the background, enjoying the postings but not quite ready to make a commitment to post anything on the list. I take this  opportunity to recognize them also for their presence on this list!

I'd like to pose the  following questions to each member of this list and 'd be grateful for any responses:

(a)What in your opinion are the best books to learn how to 'tread the path' leading to Advaita realization? What are your favorites?

(b)What is your daily practice i.e. what do you do on a daily basis to enhance or maintain your spiritual life, or your 'realization'?

(c)What is the best way to learn the chanting of the Bhagvad Gita slokas in sanskrit? Have you used any tapes/CDs for this purpose or can  you recommend some?

I have had a desire to post these and several more  questions/comments to the list but never found enough time or courage to do so... will await your feedback/  discussion before posting more!

Arvind

--
bhava shankara deshikame sharaNam

Help     : Email to listmaster at lists.advaita-vedanta.org