Notes on Brahmasuutra-IIIa

T Swaminarayan tvswaminarayan at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 31 10:53:27 CDT 2000

Dear Shri Sadananda,

Just as Shankara shows that Brahmasutras are
compatible with the doctrine of Advaita Vedanta,do not
Madhvacharya and Ramanuja show that Brahmasutras are
compatible with their respective doctrines of dwaita
and visishtadwaita?
Now in the course of your study and analyses of
Brahmasutrsas,while essentially following Shankara,do
you propose highlighting the subtle differences(I
could say errors)in their two other interpretations
and discuss why the Dwaitins abd Visishtadwaitins'
interpretations are not LOGICALLY acceptable?

Could you kindly give the word to word meaning of
"Atasmintat BuddhiH" since I could not understand the
exact meaning of the same in the context of your
explanation.

When we consider,Aham Sansari and Aham Brahmasmi,you
said,
"I the immortal,is seen as the mortal-I.
 The all pervading is seen as the limited."
I ask," By whom ? "

If it is the mortal I who says 'I am  a sansari ' is
it not Satya?How can you question the Sat in it?As
long as we are in Vyavahara?

Is it verily the mortal-I that sees and mistakes the
Immortal-I  to be mortal? The all pervading to be
limited? In this statement , could you explain as to
which is Adhyasa and which is Adyaropa?

With warm regards,

Swaminarayan

=== message truncated ===