[ambaa-l] shrii miinaaxii stuti (2) - Verse 4

Ravisankar S. Mayavaram miinalochanii at YAHOO.COM
Fri Aug 25 17:34:50 CDT 2000

--- "Ravisankar S. Mayavaram" <miinalochanii at yahoo.com> wrote:
> VERSE 4
> =======
>

>  mohaandhakaara haraNaaM bhaja miinanetraam.h || 4||
>

> forms and acts, and  who (alone) can dispel the darkness of delusion.

The term dispeller of darkness of ignorance brings a beautiful verse
from shivaanandalaharii to mind, which clearly answers why we are still
unable to see HER, even though SHE is brilliant like crores of sun
(udhyadbhaanu sahasrakoTi sadR^ishhaam - miinaaxii pancharatnam,
baalarka koTyujjvala - miinaaxii stotram both by shankara).

eko vaarijabaandhavaH kshitinabho vyaaptaM tamomaNDalaM
bhitvaa lochanagocharo.api bhavati tvaM koTisuuryaprabhaH |
vedyaH kinna bhavasyaho ghanataraM kiidR^igbhavenmattama\-
statsarvaM vyapaniiya me pashupate saakshaat prasanno bhava || 58||

Here shankara wonders how dense must the darkness of ignorance that
envelops us. For one single sun is able to dispel the darkness of
entrire world and enable us to see, but Lord is radiant like crores of
suns, yet we are unable to see him. Unless out his grace he removes the
darkness and comes to us, how can we see?

Ravi

AUM shivashakyaikaruupiNyai namaH